Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Corn Maze


Last Saturday Richard and I went with our friends Johnny and Sheena Chaston to Treinen Farm in Lodi to do their corn maze. It was really fun - I'd never done a corn maze before, but I thought trying to figure out how to make the little maps they gave us get us to the right places was really fun! Of course, it would have been even better if we had remembered to bring flashlights. It was a mite bit dark in there at times, but our cell phones miraculously worked as lights to get us through the entire thing. I was the only one that didn't have a cell phone light to contribute, but I was all prepared to use the Indiglo light on my watch to light the way should the need have arrisen. I did take my turn navigating, but when I was trailing along behind, I looked up at the stars and figured out which corner of the maze corresponded to which constelation in the sky. I would NEVER have gotten lost in there, even if my Indiglo watch and the light from cell phones of my friends had failed and prevented me from looking at the map. Plus, there weren't really any dead ends, as you can see from the picture of the maze above.

2 comments:

Ammieloris said...

That's a beautiful picture of the maze! Wow!

Meridy said...

That maze is amazing!!!!! You are such a giving person offering your special Indiglo watch light. What an inspiration!! ;)